About Pia Nilsson - Complete Game Coach
Pia Nilsson has enjoyed an extraordinary career that has led her to be world-renowned as co-creator of the VISION54 principles, best-selling author and Complete Golf Coach.
For many years now, Pia has been internationlly regarded as a leader in the coaching arena. As such, she stands apart in the golf and sports world as an intuitive and elevated thinker, whose teachings continue to have a profound influence on coaching in golf, sport, business -- and life.
Well-known for her role in coaching Annika Sorenstam on her path to super-stardom, Pia's other notable students include LPGA Tour players Suzann Pettersen, Ai Miyazato, Brittany Lang, Na Yeon Choi and PGA tour player Kevin Streelman.
More About Pia
• VISION54 co-founder and head coach.
• Co-author of smash hit Every Shot Must Have a Purpose, The Game Before the Game and Play Your Best Golf Now.
• Golf Digest> #1 ranked Women Teacher in America in 2012.
• Golf Digest Top 50 teacher.
• GOLF Magazine Top 100 teacher.
• PGA of Sweden Class A teaching professional.
• Honorary member PGA of Sweden and LPGA T&CP.
• Nike Golf Swoosh Elite Advisory Staff.
• Level 3 TPI certified golf fitness instructor.
• NG360 Nike Golf Performance Specialist
• Head Coach of the Swedish National Golf Teams 1990-1999.
• European Solheim Cup captain 1998.
• LPGA tour player 1983-1987.
• King of Sweden’s Medal of the 8th dimension with a Royal Blue Ribbon – for leadership in sports 1998.
• PGA's of Europe Professional of the year 1994.
• PGA's of Europe Five-Star Professional award 1995.
• The First Tee Experience consultant 1999-2005.
• Consultant to college teams, international teams and PGA organizations around the world.
Pia's Spirit of the Game
18 Holes In Person With Pia
1. I am good at keeping promises to myself and others.
2. My favorite color is blue.
3. I like to read books that I learn something from.
4. What I value the most in leaders/coaches is that they walk their talk.
5. I was national Swedish junior curling champion in 1973.
6. My mom taught me that I can do anything that my two older brothers can do.
7. I started playing golf when I was 6 years old at Torekovs Golf Klubb.
8. When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor.
9. I don’t like cocktail parties.
10. When I play golf, I like that I learn about myself, and being out in nature.
11. Most golfers forget to PLAY the game and to learn to get the ball in the hole.
12. I am good at studying a subject that interests me, and then making it useable for the players and coaches in our programs.
13. My favorite food is my own homemade cereal with fresh fruit and yogurt.
14. As a coach I want to be nice, for the long term.
15. Tour professionals need to make sure that they have more meaningful roles than just being a golfer.
16. I learned to like being home from my mom and dad.
17. One of my tendencies in my golf swing is that my tempo gets too quick.
18. The first stats I ever kept were how many holes I played, how many ice cream cones I ate and how many times I went swimming in the sea during my summer break.
"Pia has been wise enough to understand the importance of letting her players grow and mature parallel as both individuals as human beings and as golfers. I have been inspired to follow her beliefs and life philosophy. Pia has helped me to reach my goals and to develop as a more balanced person.”
--Annika Sorenstam, LPGA Superstar
“Pia has a very clear direction in her coaching – to help people develop. Target focus, learning, development, mind and heart; wholeness perspective are words that Pia often uses and she lives them. Pia walks her talk! Pia’s wisdom and enthusiasm as a coach inspire athletes and leaders around her.”
--Peter Reinebo, Swedish Olympic Committee
“Athletic excellence is often the product of the cooperation between the athlete and the coach. Pia has supported many golfers to reach their own goals, and has by that shown that she owns a deep competence in leadership and not the least in leadership development. I think that many, not only sports fans, have a lot to learn from Pia’s leadership experience from the sports arena.”
--Jacob Wallenberg, chairman of the board of Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken