About Lynn Marriott - Complete Game Coach
Lynn Marriott is regarded as a true pioneer in the world of sport. After more than 20 years on the leading edge of how golf is taught, Lynn is today globally recognized as co-creator of the VISION54 principles, best-selling co-author and world-renowned Complete Game Coach.
While Lynn's knowledge of the golf swing is unmatched, her heartfelt and intuitive approach to coaching golf and integrating its elements has created a powerful shift in the games and lives of golfers, coaches and individuals around the world.
Among Lynn's notable students are LPGA players Suzann Pettersen, Ai Miyazato, Na Yeon Choi, Brittany Lang, and PGA tour player Kevin Streelman.
More About Lynn
VISION54 co-founder and head coach.
Co-author of smash hit Every Shot Must Have a Purpose, The Game Before the Game and Play Your Best Golf Now.
Golf Digest #2 ranked Women Teacher in America 2012.
Golf Digest Top 50 teacher.
GOLF Magazine Top 100 teacher.
Class A PGA teaching professional.
Class A LPGA teaching professional.
Nike Golf Swoosh Elite Advisory Staff.
Level 3 TPI certified golf fitness instructor
NG360 Nike Golf Performance Specialist
Director of Education at Arizona State University Golf Course 1993-1999.
Director of LPGA teacher training 1988-1997.
Consultant to LPGA Urban Youth Golf Program 1989-2004.
The First Tee Experience consultant 1998-2005.
LPGA Teacher of the Year 1992.
LPGA Ellen Griffin Rolex Award 2008
Southwest PGA Teacher of the Year 2010
Consultant to college teams, international teams and PGA organizations around the world.
Lynn's Spirit of the Game
18 Holes In Person With Lynn
1. My most important personal value is kindness.
2. My favorite hobby is gardening.
3. I started playing golf with my Mom at age 11.
4. I learned courage from my Dad.
5. I admire Annika Sorenstam for her drive for excellence.
6. My favorite color is green.
7. I want golfers to learn how and what to practice.
8. I dont like when things are messy.
9. I love my dog Snickers.
10. You Raise Me Up is my favorite song.
11. My Mom wanted me to go to law school.
12. I showed the most courage when I learned to speak in public.
13. To be in nature and focus on myself is what I like most about playing golf.
14. Pias Beef Rydberg is my favorite food.
15. Sedona AZ and Torekov Sweden are two of my favorite places to rejuvenate.
16. I think a good golf swing is when you hit the shots you want to on the golf course under pressure.
17. One of the tendencies in my golf swing is to feel too much tension in my forearms.
18. As a coach, I am good at listening and being present with players.
"What Lynn does for the industry, she has also brought to The First Tee. Her consultations in developing The First Tee Life Skills Experience, was beneficial in insuring that the program would not only teach golf skills but also result in having a lasting and meaningful impact on the lives of the young participants of The First Tee. Her heartfelt, intuitive and comprehensive approach to coaching junior golfers places her in a league of her own."
--Joe Louis Barrow, Jr, Chief Executive Officer, The First Tee
"Her accomplishments speak to the years she has spent studying, learning, teaching, promoting the game of golf. But beyond that, anyone who has had the pleasure of being in Lynn's company for any amount of time knows that she carries herself with grace and humility, and she represent her sport and profession with a never-ending enthusiasm."
--Ty Votaw, Executive Vice President PGA TOUR